Tennessee Rock Climbing
Tennessee is a vast wonderland of extremely high quality sandstone rock. Climbers from all over the worlds come here to hone their skills. Cliffs typically range from 40-100 feet, and there is great diversity in the rock features, lending itself to learning beginner, intermediate or advanced face, crack, slab, and overhanging climbing techniques.
What We Offer:
We offer guided climbs of the hundreds of routes throughout Tennessee. Granite Arches' intensive instruction during these climbs can help both beginning and more advanced climbers meet their goals with maximum enjoyment, efficiency and safety. Our outings are personalized to your own goals. A sample of climbs by location include:
Foster Falls Rock Climbing
This great crag is located about 30 miles Northwest of Chattanooga TN. A small listing of the numerous climbing areas and climbs includes:
- Ankles Away (5.9). Fun climbing on steep sandstone.
- Gravity Boots (5.8). Lower angle climb with great holds.
- Miss Scarlett (5.9+). Steeper climbing still.
- Thirty Eight Special (5.10). Face to roof.
- Standing Room Only (5.11). Excellent corner climbing on fantastic rock.
Sunset Park Rock Climbing
This beautiful easily accessed cliff is just minutes from Chattanooga TN and delivers high quality climbing and a commanding view of Raccoon Mountain and the Western horizon.
- Rattlesnake Route (5.8), 3 pitches. Fantastic corner climbing on exquisite granite in a beautiful location.
- S'more (5.8). Great corner and roof climbing.
- Flagstone (5.11). Exquisite steep face climbing.
- Scream Wall (5.10). Steep face and crack. A great climb for technique practice.
- Spring Break (5.8). Steep crack to an arete.
- R.J. Gold (5.9). Finger crack fun.
- Blonde Ambition (5.7). Super high quality climbing in a great position on the wall.
Almost in town, this crag is loved by locals for its easy access and diverse climbing.
- Free to Think (5.8). Right corner to face climbing.
- Cracked Actor (5.10). Crack time near Chattanooga TN
- Girls Only (5.10). Fun face climbing.
- Vogen Slab (5.9). Shorter fun face climbing.
Granite Arches also offers a host of technical climbing, wilderness medicine and AMGA courses. Come climb with us!