Georgia Rock Climbing
Georgia is home to some excellent rock climbing. Perhaps surprisingly, some of the rocks are hundreds of feet high allowing for both shorter and longer (multi-pitch) climbing. Below are listed several of the more popular areas and a handful of the well known climbs. There are dozens more.
What We Offer:
We offer guided climbs of the hundreds of routes throughout Georgia. Granite Arches' intensive instruction during these climbs can help both beginning and more advanced climbers meet their goals with maximum enjoyment, efficiency and safety. Our outings are personalized to your own goals. A sample of climbs by location include:
- Stairway to Heaven (5.8), 2 pitches. Nice waterstreak climbing with fantastic views of the lowlands.
- Lucy in the Sky (5.10), 2 pitches. Face climbing on the large south facing slab.
- Army Routes (5.4-5.6), 2-3 pitches. A great place to learn friction and multi-pitch climbing.
- Stanard's Crack (5.8). A fun crack climb on very nice rock.
- Digital Delight (5.8), 4 pitches. Varied route with face, crack and corner climbing, and it tops out on the rim of the gorge.
- Punk Wave (5.10), 3 pitches. Another highly varied climb. Corner climbing, then face and finally roofs to finish.
- Mescaline Daydream (5.8), 2 pitches. Corner to roof--then corner to roof again! A fun romp through exposed Tallulah terrain!
- Flying Frog (5.10) 1 long pitch. An incredibly aesthetic climb through face and corners.
- Black Pig (5.9). Superb crack climbing.
- Booze and Br**ds (5.9). More great crack climbing.
Granite Arches also offers a host of technical climbing, wilderness medicine and AMGA courses. Come climb with us!